At Agape drug and alcohol detox centers in Port St Lucie, we have learned a few things about addiction treatment. We know when someone is in the midst of their addiction, they may be in denial that they need help. As a result, it can be difficult for them to admit they have a problem with drugs or alcohol. However, if your drug or alcohol use is creating negative consequences in your life, it may be time to admit that you have a problem. If you have already come to terms with the idea that you might be addicted, you have already taken a crucial first step.
The next step after admitting you have a problem is figuring out how to solve it. Many people who suffer from addiction can benefit from obtaining addiction treatment. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to determine whether or not your addiction is bad enough to warrant getting treatment. With drug or alcohol addiction treatment centers, it is better to be safe than sorry. Too often individuals decide against substance abuse rehabilitation and alcohol detox because they don’t think their substance abuse is bad enough. Anyone who is questioning whether or not they need drug and alcohol treatment can benefit from it.
Substance Use Disorder (SUD) is a Progressive Disease
The staff at our drug and alcohol detox Port St Lucie location have been educating on SUD’s. Here is one of the most unknown things they reveal. If you determine that you may only have a mild substance use disorder, it is important to note that addiction is a progressive illness. Consequently, someone who may only meet a few of these criteria may find themselves experiencing more and more of them as time goes on. As a result, anyone who experiences any of the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria can benefit from seeking addiction treatment.
Some people may think that their substance use isn’t bad enough to go to treatment. Similarly, some may compare themselves to their friends and think they aren’t as bad as others. Unfortunately, both of these misconceptions are dangerous. As a progressive, fatal illness, avoiding addiction treatment will only prolong the pain and misery that comes from addiction. The sooner you admit that you need help, the better.
Agape detoxification facilities accept many insurances. If you are looking for an opiate drug and alcohol detox in Port St Lucie that accepts AETNA health insurance, Tricare, Humana and many more give us a call 24/7. We will have all the answers you are looking for with any health insurance.
How to Know If You Need a Drug or Alcohol Detox Center in Port St Lucie, Florida?
At Agape drug rehabs West Palm Beach we work hand in hand with our drug and alcohol detox centers in Port St Lucie. The experienced and credentialed staff have helped thousands to the road of long-term recovery. We have accomplished this by providing evidence-based practices for substance abuse treatment. Because of this, we can teach the warning signs that are telling you to get help before it’s too late. If your substance abuse has begun to negatively affect your relationships, work-life, and emotional wellbeing, it is safe to say that you likely have a substance addiction.
This is backed by many documented research articles by the National Institute on Drug Abuse or the NIH. Understanding these in the early stages is critical. Individuals and loved one need to clearly understand the criteria to properly diagnose an addiction. The DSM-V contains the criteria for diagnosing a substance use disorder.
The following make up the diagnostic criteria for diagnosing substance use disorders. 
- A substance is being taken in increasingly large amounts or over a longer period of time than the user intended.
- The person wants to control their substance use but is unsuccessful at doing so.
- A lot of time is spent doing activities that are required to obtain a substance, use a substance, or recover from a substance’s effects.
- The person experiences an intense craving, or strong desire, to use the substance.
- Repeated use of a substance causes problems at work, school, or home.
- Substance use persists despite any consequences or problems that arise from the person’s use.
- The person gives up social, occupational, or recreational activities that were once important to them due to their substance use.
- Substance use begins to be physically dangerous or hazardous.
- The person continues to use a substance despite knowing that it is causing them physical or psychological problems. Substance use may begin to exacerbate pre-existing physical or psychological problems.
- Tolerance has developed towards the substance.
- Withdrawal occurs when the substance is not taken, or the person continues to use to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
If you have 2-3 of the previous criteria, you probably have a mild substance use disorder. The presence of 4-5 criteria is considered to be moderate, and 6 or more symptoms indicate a severe substance use disorder. In any of these cases reaching out for information, to help is critical at this stage. Our drug and alcohol detox centers in Port St Lucie are standing by and will immediately help. You can call us at (855) 948-2936, call our experienced professionals now.
Know the Warning Signs Telling You to Get Into a Opiate Drug and Alcohol Detox or Addiction Treatment Center
It is important to be able to recognize addictive behaviors. After all, denial is very common among people who suffer from addiction. In addition, your behaviors and the behaviors of others can serve as tell-tale signs that you need addiction treatment. Some signs or behaviors that you have a problem with drugs or alcohol include:
- Friends and family are concerned about your drug or alcohol use
- Working hard to hide your substance use from your loved ones
- Making up lies and excuses to cover up your drug or alcohol use
- Engaging in risky or illegal behaviors to obtain your substances or while under the influence
- Spending most of your money on drugs or alcohol
- Friends and family have stopped allowing you to join in on social events
- Your drug or alcohol use is your top priority throughout the day
Even the most high-functioning addicts and alcoholics will face consequences eventually. Since addiction is compulsive and progressive, it can become difficult to hide and manage. Although some people will struggle with their addiction for many years, it is possible to get help before things get worse.
Opiate Drug and Alcohol Detox Centers in Port St Lucie Can Help Now!
Our opiate drug and alcohol detox centers in Port St Lucie can help you out of your situation. If you are reading this, chances are that you are ready to seek help for your drug or alcohol addiction and don’t want to wait any longer. For most addicts and alcoholics, checking into a drug rehab is the best option. After all, many will find it extremely difficult or impossible to quit on their own.
Addiction is a disease that affects the mind, body, and soul. Therefore, treating addiction requires detoxing the body, addressing behavioral issues, and mending the soul. If recovery is attempted alone, it can be a terrifying and confusing endeavor. Doing it alone will most likely trigger an endless circle of being clean for a couple of weeks, and then relapsing. Then the process of a drug and alcohol detox again. Without professional help, you will not get to the core of the addiction, and you will not get the necessary tools to maintain long-term sobriety.
Instead, seeking help from an addiction treatment center is the crucial first step to achieving lasting sobriety. In fact, most of our clients were relieved on their first day of detox treatment. Partly because a medically supervised detox provides comfort medications that reduce the severity of the detoxification process. So, you are ready to get your life back. What are you waiting for? Call Agape’s opiate drug and alcohol detox centers in Port St Lucie now at (855) 948-2936. We accept most insurances and can get you in today!